Results of the Gaidar Forum 2016
There has been a record-breaking number of reporters got accredited at the Gaidar Forum – 2016. There were 1350 media members, what is 30% more than it was in 2015. As of January 18, there have been more than 10 000 messages in the media covering the Forum.
The participants of the Forum included high-ranking officials of the Government of the Russian Federation and the State Duma:
- Dmitry Medvedev, Prime Minister of the Russian Federation;
- Sergey Naryshkin, Chairman of the State Duma of the Russian Federation and Chairman of RANEPA Board of Trustees;
- Igor Shuvalov, First Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation;
- Vladimir Pligin, Chairman of the Committee of the State Duma of the Russian Federation on Constitutional Legislation and State Organization;
- Andrey Makarov, Chairman of the Committee on Budget and Taxes, the State Duma of the Russian Federation;
- Anton Siluanov, Minister of Finance of the Russian Federation;
- Aleksey Ulyukayev, Minister of Economic Development of the Russian Federation;
- Denis Manturov, Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation;
- Maksim Sokolov, Minister of Transport of the Russian Federation;
- Alexander Novak, Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation;
- Veronika Skvortsova, Minister of Health of the Russian Federation;
- Mikhail Abyzov, Minister of the Russian Federation;
- Lev Kuznetsov, Minister of North Caucusus Affairs;
- Alexander Galushka, Minister for the Development of the Russian Far East etc.
Furthermore, 18 heads of Russian regions took part in the Gaidar Forum. Besides state officials, the Forum sparked the interest of business community: 37 directors and heads of Russian and foreign corporations participated in the Gaidar Forum – 2016.
During the Forum 79 Discussions and round-table conferences as well as 622 expert presentations took place, covering the whole range of opinions on social and economic development of the country.
Traditionally, a great number of foreign experts featured at the Forum, there were 69 foreign professors from the leading universities of the world and 174 diplomats. This number included President of Greece Prokopis Pavlopoulus. RANEPA rector Vladimir Mau presented him with a certificate of RANEPA Emeritus Professor of State and Law. The ceremony took place at the Panel Discussion the Role of Parliamentarism in the Economy, which was moderated by Sergey Naryshkin, Chairman of the State Duma of the Russian Federation.
350 volunteers – RANEPA students took part in the Gaidar Forum. It is a great privilege to become a volunteer at the Forum, selection process is a competition: study records and social activities of every candidate were taken into account.