10th Gaidar Forum program outline available online
This year, the forum program is divided into four major blocks: Global Economic Architecture; Economic Growth; Regional Policy and Governance; and Social Priorities.
Discussions under the Global Economic Architecture block will cover the following topics:
- Society of the future – a new paradigm of the economy;
- Russian-Spanish university cooperation;
- G20 turns 10: Undeniable achievements, persistent challenges, new risks, future priorities;
- Cryptoeconomy and cryptocurrencies, etc.
The Economic Growth block will include the following topics for discussion:
- Russia’s Development Strategy for 2018–2024;
- New prospects for the development of target capital of non-profit organizations;
- Modernization of the Russian electric power industry;
- Government as a platform: people and technology, etc.
Important topics for discussion in the Regional Policy and Governance block:
- Spatial development priorities;
- 1993 Constitution: Was there an alternative?
- Artificial intelligence and the state;
- Russian regions’ financial contributions toward achieving national development goals, etc.
The Social Priorities block will cover the following topics:
- The social triad: Demographics - Employment - Incomes;
- Education and economic growth: A strategy for the future;
- Social lifts for youth: Remembering what matters most;
- Agile strategy and others.
The 2019 Gaidar Forum will include a few special events: the awards ceremony for the participants of the Global Champions: Leadership in New Technology Markets contest, the annual meeting of SDSN RUSSIA members, the presentation of the Ranking of Innovative Regions of Russia, the Forbes breakfast and other events.