The Forum Concept
Traditionally at the beginning of the year, in Moscow, in the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), famous scientists, representatives of authorities, public and political figures, and businessmen from different countries come together.
The Gaidar Forum annually brings together all those, whose latest achievements have an impact on the social and economic development of regions and states.
In the Russian media, the Gaidar Forum has gained the unchallenged reputation of ‘the Russian Davos Forum’. For foreign visitors, the Forum is an important source of information on major trends in socio-economic and political development, and the status of the business environment and investment climate in Russia. While for domestic experts, participation in the Forum makes it possible to determine the prospects for Russia’s further economic growth and integration into the global economy.
The Forum serves as a permanent venue for events of different levels and scales: plenary sessions and expert round tables, panel discussions and debates.
One of the important features of the Forum is the active involvement of young researchers as panelists.
Sessions of the Forum are focused on the most pressing issues of modern times, a special emphasis is placed on topics related to situational insight and Russia’s strategic role in the world. Over time, the Forum has become a place, wh ere Russia’s social and economic politics for the next year is discussed and critically re-evaluated.
Tasks of the Forum
- Engaging the world's leading scientists and practitioners in a joint discussion on socio-economic and political issues
- Maintaining continuous expert dialogue on key political and socio-economic issues
- Reflecting the main trends and key events in the national and global economy and politics
- Elaborating strategic proposals and recommendations on developing the national economy
- Securing Russia’s role as a stable place in the world’s intellectual economic map and the status of Russia as an important center of top-level global economic discussions.