Trade and Economic Development Strategy for Russia and EAEU in the Current ContextJanuary 14, 2017, 12:30 – 14:30, Building 5, 2nd Floor, Room 223
The major breakthroughs in the global trading system triggered by regionalization, deepening Eurasian integration, wider global interests of domestic businesses as the Russian economy opens up to internationalization and transnationalization, and the changing nature of economic integration all necessitate the shaping of new approaches to the Russian integration strategy. The active integration agenda should be built so that it fosters higher growth rates of the Russian economy.
Issues for Discussion
- How can Russia advance its interests in the WTO?
- What strategy of cooperation with the new-generation trade agreements should it follow?
- Results of the EAEU Treaty two-year application
- What export potential development methods does EAEU offer?
- Can trade policy be used as an economic growth tool?
Director, Center for International Trade Studied
Director, Applied Studies, CEFIR
Deputy Director, Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Russian Federation
Former Lead Economist, World Bank
Director, EDB Center for Integration Studies
Head of Division, Eurasia, Global Relations Secretariat, OECD
Professor, National Research University Higher School of Economics, OECD