The Global Energy Market in New Conditions: What Do the Technology Revolution and Concern about Climate Change Bring to the World Energy Debate?
Issues for Discussion
- What do the Paris agreements bring to world?
- Is a world price for CO2 emissions possible?
- Prospects of renewable energy development in the context of subsidies reduction
- What will the world fuel and energy balance look like in 20 years?
- Can one say that a new age in the development of the world oil market is beginning?
- The role of OPEC in the context of new competition between manufacturers
- Prospects of shale oil development inside and outside the United States of America
- What are the immediate and long-term effects of the reduction of investments in the oil industry? How close is the peak of oil consumption? How significantly can electric cars and methane-powered cars edge out petroleum products in the foreseeable future?
- The strategy of oil resources development in Russia in the new context
- Growth in the supply of LNG and the prospects of formation of the global natural gas market. The shale gas revolution in the United States: what is next?
- The growth of gas supply to the world market by new suppliers: where will the most intense competition get underway?
- What does the development of the gas market in Europe bring to the Russian gas industry?
- Russia's gas trade with Europe and Asia: forming new logistical and institutional schemes
Chief Economist for Russia and CIS, BP plc; Vice President, BP Russia
Deputy Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation
Deputy Management Board Chairman, Gazprom
Executive Director, Russian Centre for Energy Efficiency
President, Institute for Energy and Finance
Head, Strategic Planning Department, Gazpromneft
Managing Director, VYGON Consulting LLC
Chief Adviser to the Head, Analytical Center of Government of the Russian Federation