Technological Challenges and Economic Dynamics: What is Really Going on? Part 2.
Issues for Discussion
- What models of long-run economic growth are borne out by historical evidence?
- How do breakthrough innovations affect productivity growth?
- What are the sources of economic growth?
- Will firms lead technological breakthroughs in Russia?
- What role do Institutions play in increasing export complexity?
- Getting incentives right and becoming competitive: Europe and Russia
- What social, political and business choices contribute to technological transformation?
- How do we foster productivity growth and technological transformation?
- What are the impacts of the post-shale revolution and artificial intelligence on energy markets?
Head, Laboratory of Economic Growth Problems Studies, Institute of Applied Economic Research, RANEPA
Carol S. Leonard
Professor, Director, Center for Russian Studies, RANEPA; Emeritus Fellow, St Antony's College, University of Oxford
Emeritus Fellow, St Antony's College, University of Oxford
Professor, University of California-Berkeley; Founding Director, Berkeley Roundtable on International Economics (BRIE)
Associate Professor of Economic History, Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies
Director, Analytical Centre, HSE University (Saint Petersburg)
Senior Research Fellow, Laboratory of Inflation Problems and Economic Growth Research, HSE University
Senior Research Fellow, Laboratory of Economic Growth Problems, RANEPA
Senior Fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics
Deputy Division Chief, The International Monetary Fund
Deputy Director for Financial and Enterprise Affairs, OECD
Director, Centre for Resource Economics, RANEPA