Money or people? Technological Entrepreneurship Frontiers
The competitiveness capabilities of Russian technology companies in global markets are among the most reliable criteria to assess the status of the private and public sectors of the national innovation system. The investment and financing efficiency is determined by the competencies and strategic vision of the companies’ owners and management: the ability to quickly enter new niches by outstripping the competitors, taking the most advantageous positions in the added-value chains, earning the technological rent. How can one accelerate the formation of a "critical mass" of quickly growing Russian technological companies to achieve economically meaningful contributions to the gross domestic product?
Issues for Discussion
- Role and place of technological entrepreneurship in the modern Russian economy
- What’s a "bottleneck" now: money or expertise?
- How harmoniously do the hard and the soft infrastructure sectors blend?
- Is it time to shift priorities towards business quality development?
- What can be done?
- Where is the "golden mean" determining the degree and possibility of the impact on "intangible" factors of human capital development in the technological entrepreneurship environment?
Vice President, National Research University Higher School of Economics
Executive Director, Russian Venture Capital Association (RVCA)
Director, Department for Strategic Development and Innovation, Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation
Vice-President, Center for Strategic Development
General Director, Innovation Promotion Fund
CEO, the Fund for Infrastructure and Educational Programs, RUSNANO JSC
Deputy General Manager, Program Director, RVK JSC
Research Director, Nuclear Technologies Cluster, Skolkvo Foundation
Executive Director, Regional Fund, St. Petersburg Research and Technology Advancement
Member, Expert Council under the Government of the Russian Federation; Executive Director, FORUM Analytical Center
Head, Investment Development Agency of the Republic of Tatarstan
Professor, National Research University - Higher School of Economics