The Role of the Legal System in Sustainable Social and Economic Development
Issues for Discussion
- The concept of effective legal regulation as a source of economic development
- In what areas of economic and financial activity could law foster the movement to modern markets the most?
- Cost-effectiveness or legality? What can economic policy do to limit non-legal actions of social development actors?
- What economic conditions enable non-legal actions and where do these economic conditions stem from?
- What economic institutions restrict non-legal actions and what is the optimum structure of these institutions?
- Ownership in the Russian economy: challenges and specifics
- Knowledge management and intellectual property rights
Director, Institute of Law and National Security, RANEPA
Dean, Economics Faculty, RANEPA
Chief Research Fellow, Research Area “Macroeconomics and Finance,” Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy
Judge for the Russian Federation, European Court of Human Rights
Deputy Director, Center for Public Studies, Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law
President, International Tax and Investment Center (ITIC)
Leading Research Fellow, Information Law Sector, Russian Academy of Sciences
Head, Federal Service for Intellectual Property (Rospatent)
President, Association of Russian Banks
Deputy Head, Federal Agency for State Property Management
Dean, Faculty of Law, RANEPA