Patterns of Sustainable Development as Defined Today
Issues for Discussion
- Challenges to long-term development -- why should development be sustainable?
- Long-term goals of sustainable development
- Paris climate change agreement -- seriousness of voluntary goals and initiatives
- Low emission development strategies -- additional load on the economy or growth driver?
- Technological challenges and demand for innovation
- The role of business in achieving sustainable development
President, Center for Strategic Research Foundation
President, Republic of Finland (2000-2012); Co-chair, UN Secretary-General’s High-level Panel on Global Sustainability
Special Adviser to the Secretary-General of the UN; Director, Earth Institute, Columbia University (2002-2016)
Executive Director, the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN)
Senior Vice-President, Coca-Cola Company