Banking Services without BanksJanuary 12, 2017, 15:30 – 17:30, Building 5, 4th Floor, White Hall
The main themes shall be development bifurcation points: banks and banking, government-owned and private banks, federal and regional banks, offline and online banks (do we need branch networks?). Due to the emergence of payment services such as PayPal, Bitcoin cryptocurrency, Blockchain, P2P lending, the global financial system is being transformed. Large IT companies have already turned their attention to the development of financial and technological platforms. This work resulted in their own developments in this field. All this inevitably leads to competition with classic commercial and investment banks.
Issues for Discussion
- What will the emergence of new players in the world of finance lead to in the future?
- How is the global financial landscape being transformed?
- When will financial and technological platforms replace classic banks?
- Development bifurcation points: public and private banks, federal and regional banks, offline and online banks
- Do the modern banks need branch networks?
Chairman of the Management Board, Member of the Board of Directors, Otkritie Holding JSC
Researcher, RANEPA; Director, Economics Directorate, St. Petersburg Bank Branch Network
Deputy Governor, the Central Bank of the Russian Federation
Deputy Chairman, Executive Board, Sberbank of Russia
Member, Board of Directors, Alfa-Bank JSC; Chairman, Board of Directors, ABH Holdings S.A.
Chairman, Board of Directors, Tinkoff Bank
Head, MasterCard Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus and Armenia